Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Father's Day

In father's day, we got together in my house. Since Randall had to give a seminar in Loma Linda University, we had no time to prepare for father's day in our favorite park. Instead, we planned to make Carapulcra, a peruvian dish that I don't really know how to make, but my mom was going to teach me. Rosa, my mom, and me were going to make it together, but Rosa's refrigerator broke and her house was fill with water, and she couldn't make it on time. In the meantime, we couldn't cook because we had to wait for Rosa with some of the ingredients, but I am glad that we bought a lot of fruits and snacks the day before, so that helped a lot. We prepared a grilled chicken, and I made rice. We invited our friend Jerry from Puerto Rico and Pastor Bert Block. We had a great time. We burned some piezes of chicken, but Randall told me that he would eat it. Well he ate like 7 of them. I would love to be like Randall, eat and eat and never gain weight. My mother in law brought some corn, so we grilled also. At the end, we had enough food for every one.

The same day Javier and Jamie were preparing to go to Peru, so I went that night to bring "encarguitos" some presents for my family there. We stayed until 2 am, but we enjoy it. I got to see some friends that I didn't see for a long time. Jamie best friend and her mom. Brenda ( the mom) made some beautiful scarfs, and she send Rocio some. She also gave me and my mom scafts. They were beautiful and hand made.

Here are some of the pictures from Father's day. We really had a nice day..